Staff Video Presentations: Will Townsend Lauren Hyde, Ph.D Jackie Atkins, Ph.D Bert Moore, Ph.D
Activities and Events PowerPoint: Activities & Events PowerPoint: Youth and PTP Programs
- Provide venues for breeder interaction with members and industry
- Support of major PTP Shows
- PTP Judges
- Guidance and interaction with AJSA and Junior programs
- 2016 Fall Focus – Bozeman, Montana
- PTP Shows – Social Events
- Meet & Greet on the Grounds – NWSS
- National PTP Show Social
- National PTP Show – Herdsman of the Year Award
PowerPoint: Breed Improvement PowerPoint: Quantum Leap IGS Commercial and Industry Science and Education
- International Genetics Solutions (IGS): An unprecedented collaboration between progressive breed associations to enhance beef industry profitability. IGS is an outgrowth of listening to the commercial industry. Twelve like-minded breed associations working together to provide genetic evaluation to the industry!
- Project Quantum Leap: Funded by ASA to develop the most advanced genetic evaluation software that has ever existed. Dubbed BOLT (Biometric Open Language Tools), the software will dramatically increase our ability to leverage genomic information in the calculation of EPDs. The first EPDs calculated by BOLT will be released in 2016.
- Feed Intake Project: ASA will begin long term collection of feed intake data coupled with the carcass merit program starting with the calves put on feed this fall. Through the continuous collection of feed intake on offspring of high use sires, we will enhance our ability to predict feed intake through genomic testing.
- Herd Management Programming: Programming is underway to provide users of ASA's online database system, Herdbook Services, with more herd management tools.
- KSU Feet & Leg Project: Along with Red Angus and Gelbvieh associations, ASA is funding a KSU project to study feet and legs. 2,500 SimGenetic animals are in involved in this project.
- Walton-Berry Grant: Bob Walton and Jim Berry initiated the Walton-Berry Grant a few years ago to support graduate students who are studying animal breeding. Two grants totaling $8,600 were awarded this year. Articles regarding the grant recipients' research projects are published in the Register and on ASA’s website.
- Genetic Condition: Oculocutaneous Hypopigmentation (OH). This is a non-lethal, cosmetic condition; low frequency within the Simmental population. Watch for more details in the Register and eNews.
- ADG EPD: Average Daily Gain EPD has been added to the array of EPDs published by ASA.
Growth and Development
PowerPoint: Growth & Development PowerPoint: State Association Communication PowerPoint: Stats and Measurements
- National and Regional Advertisement and Promotion.
- Five promotional videos have been developed and posted on ASA’s website; two more are in the works and will be announced in eNews when they are available.
- State Association Cost Share. Options available for state associations for advertising and promotion include one visit from a representative of ASA at no cost to the state association; additional visits to state association functions are reimbursed at the 60/40 cost share level.
Policy & Procedures PowerPoint: Policy & Procedures
- Electronic Voting. Encourage active members to vote electronically
- Sale’s Manager’s procedure authorizing transfers
- Write-in procedure when there are more than two from one state
- Responsibilities as an Authorized Representative
- Dilution Test
- Country of Origin for Fullblood Animals
Simbrah PowerPoint: Simbrah
- THE Herds
- Simbrah Classification
- Feed Intake / Collect Intake and Carcass Data
- Advertising and Promotion
- American Breeds Coalition
- Superbowl Event
- Texas A&M – Beef Short Course
- Texas Simmental—Simbrah Association
- DNA Enhancement
- Dilution Gene